Friday, March 6, 2009

Round 4

So let's see.. I left off with heading out of Philly. The next few days after leaving there were very busy. I took Gabbie to talk to a "shrink" and was happy to learn, she wasn't depressed or suicidal at all! In fact she was very happy and so relieved that we fired Philly. She hated it there as nobody would listen to her about her belly. So 2 days later we are going to meet another Dr. in another Children's hospital but this time we went to Danville, PA. We met the most fantastic belly Dr. He's Dr. Max, not his real name but it is what G called him. When we got there he felt her belly first and had a very odd look on his face. At this point my daughter's belly was distended and she looked like she was 6 months pregnant. In fact she asked me if she was... humours a little but not really as she has no idea how babies are really made. She still don't and she is 14. My daughter has long ago found her safe place and Dr.'s tell me to let her stay there. She is happy and that is all we care about. Now those who know me know I don't leave home without my laptop or her most recent scans. So I was able to put those up so Dr. Max could look at them. He said under his breath Holy Shit! The fucking dumb assholes. Then he starts pointing stuff out to me and then realized I knew how to read them. He goes she needs surgery and soon. So it was scheduled for the next week, I then got a call from Dr. Max himself to say he needed to postpone it for another week as he needed a special tool and he wanted 2 other surgeons in there with him. So we waited 2 and a half weeks to go have mega belly surgery. Now G always bounces back real quick from surgery. She hates the hospital and would rather be home. My daughter didn't bounce back. We were in there for over 2 weeks, I almost lost her.. she just laid there, she wouldn't eat, talk, nothing. I was half crazy from worry and not sleeping. I didn't know how to get her to come back to me. I tried everything. I bought her games, bribed her with money, anything just for her to get moving and get all those tubes out of her. Going into the 2nd week of being in the hospital with her, my Dad suffered another slight heart attack. As I said they went hand in hand when it came to scaring the shit out of me. I called him everyday and all he wanted to know was how Gabbie was. I couldn't lie to my Dad, never have been able to. He always seen through it and seen it in my face and heard it in my voice. Now I was trying to figure out how to get to him when Gabbie was so bad off. That night something wonderful happened. We got a visitor. From a dog. The hospital had therapy dogs that came to the sick kids room, we hadn't been allowed visits as she was doing so bad. I snuck the dog in, he jumped up on the bed ( no they shouldn't do this ) but he did and he just lay on her legs and licked her hand and all of the sudden she started to giggle. Then the smile. I was crying so hard at the time, the nurse comes in, the owner of the dog is begging us that he was sorry that the dog has never done this before. I said it's fine, it's what she needed. I asked the nurse not to report the dog as he was doing his job. He stayed with her for half an hour. laying on her bed and licking her hand. All the nurse said was I wished I knew this sooner, I'd of brought him in. After that we got regular dog visits form all sorts of dogs. But that black lab was there with her the most. That was what got my G going and laughing. She got up, she walked around, she made pictures for that dog. That night with G still giggling I called my Dad and put G on the phone. She was laughing and telling him about the dog. She told Dad that he had to get better so she could come see him. They made it home from the hospital at the same time. I drove G up and she and her Grampa was together. It's what they both needed. He was hurt that she ended up losing her large intestines and now has a poop bag for the rest of her life but G said at least my belly don't hurt. We thought we would be able to re-connect her colon. The Dr had made a J-loop so when she got healed he could re-connect it. He was so sure he got all the tumors out. I thought so to as I didn't see a one on her scans, but there must of been a spidery leg as I like to call them because they came back and took over the j-loop he made. Dr Max cried when he told me and he also retired. He said it was time for him to do something important. He opened a clinic for kids with odd diseases. She couldn't ever be re-connected. Gabbie took this hard but I took it worse. I got real angry because it wasn't in my kids head like that bitch from Philly said. She made a huge mistake and it cost my daughter her colon. Her belly is back to being distended. It's not as bad as it was before. I have a letter from that bitch to my home Dr who put in writing that there wasn't anything in her colon and it was all in G's head and she was "worried" about her mental well being. My Dr gave me the letter and said do what you want with this. He goes bet she feels real dumb now and sort of has poo on her face. This wasn't the first mistake that this bitch made but this one was the last one she made with MY child. I always thought it was odd that G would cry the whole time going there and the whole time there and all the way home and would be like that for 2 days. She don't do that anymore. She smiles and laughs when she goes to see her Dr.'s now. She makes them key chains, took them doughnuts and coffee, makes them cards. When she shows up, we don't wait in the waiting room, G goes back with what she calls "her girls". She tells them stories, and smiles. They give her small little jobs like filling the lollipop jar or taking magazines out to the waiting room. She takes her time going to visit the Dr. She always hugs him and tells him that he is the Greatest Dr in the whole wide world. I've seen this man cry for some of the stuff she has gone through. He is always on call for her. This little girl made that whole office different. She changed how we all look at life. Mostly me. I always thought it was the parents job to teach the child but she taught me so many lessons. The first mistake that the bitch made was her chairi, this is where the brain falls into the spinal canal and it hurts like hell, it backs up c fluids, and it can cause death. When we told her G was having headaches and hiccups ( that is a warning sign) she said she was depressed and put her on Prozac. Not only didn't that help but made everything worse. My home Dr ordered stat MRI's and then back to his clinic, where we learned that her brain wasn't where it was supposed to be. He yelled so loud at her. He said get her the hell out of the exam room, this is an emergency! My daughter had brain surgery the next day. Like I said that was the first real big mistake she made but I think to err is human. But when it happens again.. nope your done. 2 life threatening mistakes. I made sure that there would never be a 3rd. She wasn't the first Dr I fired nor was she my last. I am sure at some point I may fire another Dr. this one is mine so we will see. My daughter isn't a number, she is a person and deserves to be listened too. Just because she has odd things go wrong don't mean you ignore her or say she is depressed. Going to that Dr made her depressed. Hell she made me depressed. UGH... another time I will go on. I need to take my ulcer medication. But I need to get this out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE nice or be deleted and banned!